Hurry! The police are coming!
It is with great delight that I can announce our newest guest for Coffee and Careers – The Forest Park Police Department!
Forest Park is a village in Cook County, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago, United States. The Forest Park Police help protect the local community of 14,339 residents.
For those who would like to attend the event, or are deciding if they want to become a police officer or not, please refer to Forest Parks eligibility requirements..
The Forest Park Board of Fire and Police Commissioners are charged with the appointment of all Police Officers. To be considered for employment, candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Be a United States citizen;
• Must possess a minimum of 60 semester college credit hours from an accredited college or university at time of application;
• Possess a valid driver’s license, which will be used for identification at all phases of testing;
• Have a valid social security number;
• Be 21 years of age, and shall be under 35 years of age;
• Attend orientation and all phases of testing;
• Possess good moral character;
• Pass a polygraph test;
• Pass a thorough background investigation;
• Pass a medical examination including a psychological assessment and a functional physical evaluation;
• Meet all requirements of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners and the State of Illinois.
We strongly encourage all students to attend, especially those who are pursuing careers in criminal justice. This event is a great opportunity to meet with recruiters and to potentially take the first step in entering a career in law enforcement. As always, we will have FREE complementary pastries and deserts, as well as coffee and other refreshments. We hope to see as many of you out there as possible!
And keep an eye out for our next guest the following week, Scribe America.