Written by: Cosme Lozano
With a new school year underway, we at the center feel now is a great time to go over what we do and the services we provide.
- Resume & Cover Letter Assistance – One of our primary services at the center is resume and cover letter assistance. Students who are working on existing resumes, or need help creating one, are encouraged to stop by the center and receive help. With our qualified and trained staff, we make it our priority that your resume is where it needs to be, for when you go out for job or internship interviews.
- Interview Preparation – In addition to helping students build resumes, we also help students prepare for job interviews. Students will have an opportunity to sit down, and go over any questions or concerns with our team, before they go out for the real interview. On top of that, we also conduct mock interviews, where students can get a feel for how a real interview would go down.
- Career Assessments & Interest Inventories – We offer the STRONG inventory assessment for all students. Freshman are expected to take and complete the assessment in their first year. For students who have still not taken the assessment or want updated results, we encourage to stop by the center.
- Job Search Assistance – With our large pool of former alumni and connections, we are confident in helping students get connected with possible employers or connections.
- Internship Information – In addition to helping students get set up with job opportunities and connections, we also help students who are seeking internship opportunities.
- On Campus Recruiting Events – Throughout the course of the school year, the center likes to bring in job employers to talk about their experiences and go over advice. In addition to that, we also help run the USF Career Fair.
The Career Success Center is located on the second floor of Tower Hall, on the main campus of the university. Our offices are open from 8 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday-Friday. If you would like to receive more information, please send an email to the Career Success Center Director, Maribeth Hearn, at MHearn@stfrancis.edu. If you would like to schedule an appointment at the center, please follow this link: calendly.com/usfcareer